Monday, October 1, 2012

Robert Downey Jr.


I had a dream last night that had Robert Downey, Jr. See, I was in Luigi's Fresca, a pizza place in Philly. I was asked to write a blog for the website. But NOT about Pizza. About Movies and TV. I had to pick a sitcom that really shaped the 50s. I was set to do it when I started watching a pizza movie. I paused it when the owner of the shop, some skinny guy with a sweaty upper lip, showed me his HUGE office upstairs. I saw it, and he said, "Ok, so...write."

"But I have to write about a sitcom that shaped the 50s, or something."

"Ok, well...now you can write anything!!!" I went downstairs and instead of writing, I finished the rest of the pizza movie. The owner caught me and told me try writing anywhere in the pizza place. Just pick a spot and go. Then, when that didn't work, the guy said to work from home. Robert Downey, JR showed up and said, "You're just giving her this job because you feel sorry for her."

I walked on, suddenly inside a large room with a grand carpet on the floor. It was red with a gold double-helix pattern. Out of nowhere, I bump into Downey again, this time spilling whatever I had in my hands. 

"Oh, so you're listing to records. Gee, that's interesting. Who listens to records anymore...who...Oh Yea. HIPSTERS!" He did that blinking thing he does when yelled the last word. I picked up what I dropped and saw my copy of "On The Threshold Of a Dream" About then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment