Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bottle Caps and Oriami


Ok, so this dream felt SO REAL. I don't remember all of it, but this is what I DO remember: I was in the parking lot of Fresh Foods on rt 22 near MBS. Some guy in a bus pulled up and said he had our hiking shoes for us. Me, Bobby Hill, and Luanne Platter got on. Luanne had on silver pumps. As the bus got moving I realized that the man had no shoes for me because he didn't intend for me to come. So we all got off and started walking.

"Well, there's the Bottle Cap. We can hike there..corse...you already know that." What was odd was the highway we were walking on was made of gravel even though in reality it's not and the hiking rout I mentioned was near Montclair NJ. Somehow, we make it there and see the Bottle Cap, or, as I used to call it in my littler days, The Hamburger. There were three or four of them now. We saw them as we came to the open clearing. In the clearing near the opening of one of the any other paths there was a guitar dancing act. They had on pink plaid cowboy shirts and jeans. I thought it was the Flight Of the Conchords's guys, but it turned out to be fans OF them trying to BE them, I think.

As soon as I passed over them I was back in upstate NY at Maplebrook School. I happened to see my old math teacher and was shocked to see him. 

"Oh look, guess I have to deal with Wrong Side," he said. I turned, saw, and looked away. He got me to talk and soon he said, 
"Lets go into my office." We did, and it turned out to be his classroom. Once inside we started doing Origami. I was showing him all the tricks.

"See, the reason it didn't work was because it was not a perfect square. You need it perfect. Here..." I folded the paper so the excess (right word?) paper was at the bottom. I then showed him how to cut.

"See," I said, "You keep folding the extra paper back and fourth to weekend the fibers so when you tear it off, it's easy!" I showed him, and he was glad. But when I tried to finish the fold, the paper got longer again, and full of wholes. Not sure why, but it did. So I asked to borrow some paper. 

"Just two sheets, this not really my classroom. I don't have much." I saw that he had loads red paper. Some had writing on one side, some didn't. I took two random sheets and found out they were from a card. I tried to fold them, but they were too think. They had red backgrounds and purple plants on the cover. I was in the middle of trying to fold it when I woke up. Odd, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment