Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Steve Marvin

I was standing on a covered deck wearing a bathing suit. I had my laptop bag and iPod Touch with me. My oldest friend stood next to me in a bikini.

We were near the Adirondack chairs that rested by the bar. Now the bar, and the whole place, was made with that same composite wood. You could see the narrow but thick planks everywhere. Next to the bar was a doorway that lead to the pool area. Inside were more chairs in a skinny U shape opposite the small pool.  Light from the sky shone between the roof cracks, with a huge spread of some over the water.

I laid out on a chair to relax. Suddenly, the friend who was standing next to me was calling me on my cell instead.
"Steve Marvin died!"
"Who?" I asked.
"Steve! We used to hang out wit him ALL the time. I don't understand why you're not as sad. I am SO mad you're not showing sadness!" Then, what was a another doorway to the right of me became a whole new world. The grass was green and plush but marbled with patches of dust. The sky was bright baby-blue and littered with clouds. Judging by this, it must have been near twilight. The moon looked metal; little lights all around it with some sort of rings. The Rings were thin, flat, wide, and a grayish-blue color.

I set down my laptop bag, standing in some small tribal place. No huts, just some wood encircling a small fire. When I picked it up again, I heard a strange noise. Some creature, one that I can't even remember the visage of, didn't want me to take my bag with me. I stepped back some, going into the thatched deck of before.

Charlie Sheen was next to me, looking out at the alien world.

"Why is it doing that!" He asked me.
"Because," I started, "Once I plopped my bags down they assumed I was giving it to them. So when I picked it up, it was like I was stealing something of theirs. When I tried to take it last time some green hands came out and I could FEEL them on my legs!" Suddenly, as I described the green leg grabbers I could see it happening in front of my face like a movie. Oddly enough, thats when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment