Thursday, April 21, 2011

Old Fashioned V8

I could not sleep. I kept waking up. Finally, after many trips the bathroom and turns before toss, I slept. This is what my mind cooked up for me:

I was in colonial times, standing in some bar. As far as I could sense, some wedding was about to happen. Everyone was chattering about it. I sat on the couch near the door. A man with a long mustache came up to me.

"Try this," he said, "It's got all the fruits and veggies a body ever needs!" He went to the bar, which, oddly enough, looked more like a opening to a kitchen most diner waitresses see. The actual bar was really high up, and you could pear into the back kitchen.

I looked at the drink given to me. Since the place was not as well lit as a the kitchen, it was hard to see the color of the drink. It looked mostly black with hunks and chunks of fruits and veggies. Like veggie chilly.

Even though I knew I would HATE the stuff, I drank it anyway. It tasted horrible, like crushed pennies and bad blood. Really bad blood. It was about then I realized that I had traveled back in time. I, whoever my name was for this dream, was from our current time! As soon as I downed the horrid drink, I KNEW that V8 had gotten better. I knew that there was hope yet for this drink.

"Hay," I exclaimed, "In the future, this will taste better. TRUST ME on this one." A fat woman standing next to me started to looked worried.

"Don't blow your cover," she said, "They mustn't know who you are!" Suddenly, the whole group of people gathered near the back the room by a  set of stairs. The stairs divided a small hallway that lead into another room  with a fireplace in it. All the people stood around, or sat on, the stairs that ran up into a set of bedrooms. Their direction was towards the bar  I was in.

A man with a black stash and beard was standing by an old black stove. He was cooking something we could not see.

"I have a wife in (cannot remember name) town. I could go there," he said.

"We can split up the children for safety," a woman said. She was standing near the top of the stairs under a light.

"I have my wife, so I can go to her," the man mentioned again. As I stood and watched theses people plot their way to safety, I KNEW I had tell him who I was. All I could think of was shouting, "I am LIZZY from the future! Your Lizzy!" Thats when a the cooking man brought his cast iron pan pan over. Suddenly, a little boy noticed something.

"Hey, the Batman Symbol! Wait, who or what is a Bat Man?" he asked, confused. I had to tell them, and I had to tell them now.

"It's me, LIZZY, but from the future!" I said. A mirror popped up, showing me standing by a white house in brown colonial clothes and my hair tied back sans a few tendrils in the front.  This is when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment