Sunday, March 13, 2011

Roommate

Sorry I have not posted. I have had little to write about. This dream makes up for it.

Today my roommate went out to meet someone. While she was gone I took a nap on the couch. This is what my mind cooked up:

I was on the love seat I was sleeping on. I sat up just in time to see my roommate come running in.

"I can't get to Syracuse! He won't come here so I have to go to him, and there is NO train to Syracuse! He claimed he had a work thing!" She stood in front of the TV as she talked. I listened. Then, I realized I was dreaming.

So I woke up. Only, I hadn't really.  I was still in the dream. Suddenly, my roommate came running in the apartment a second time. She was screaming like before, just not about Syracuse.

"I'm UGLY! He didn't even stay long enough to chat!" She ran to my room, which was on the left of the TV. Thing was, my room had more shelves then it usually does, showing me that it was HER room and not mine.
 Like before I sat up and listened to her. When she sat down I noticed that not only had our love seat grown to a full-size three seater couch (complete with extra pillows!) but my roommate suddenly changed into a friend of mine. When I saw her my mind told me she was spending the night.
"So I guess it didn't work with the swim instructor. But I'll still take everyone's advice and date a athletic guy." As she said that, I suddenly recalled people writer her that on Facebook.  I actually completed a inside thought inside my dream.

"Am I dreaming, or awake?" I asked. "Awake!" The person who said this was my roommate, and not my friend. The friend was now my roommate again.  To wake myself up I got up and started to run in place before doing The Running Man dance from the eighties. I think I was quite good at it.

Like all dreams, I had a sudden scene change. I was watching my roommate drive a white Toyota (which is surprising. She's lived in our city her whole life has not ever needed to learn) up some street past a really nice building. It looked like the White House. It was fall. Leaves all around me. I saw this street across from me. At the end of it was a really nice sunset. Before I could do anything, I was there, at the end. As I walked back I noticed there was a monkey near at the end behind the bush. At least, I think it was. It made a sound and the person who stood near it told me what it said, though I cannot remember. As I walked back up the street I passed an elephant behind a bush to the left of me. The person went to the elephant and said "Oh yea, his sound off confirms he's..." I can't remember what else, but I know there was more. I think it had to do with someone being upset, someone who was not present, yet could see what was going on.

I woke up after that. I still feel like I'm dreaming, but I know I'm not, or...at least...I think I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment